happy st patricks day!!!!!!!!!!! this day usually means spring is coming, it means we get to have green beers & eat shepherds pie and wear green (my favorite color) and watch the parade & basically be silly & celebrate. i am irish. the percentages to me are completely unknown, but pretty sure there is a little dutch & german in there too. someday i’d like to do research all of that. although the process seems impossible. it seems important now though, to tell madison who she is and where she came from. even if we aren’t entirely sure. i signed up for ancestry.com so i guess that’s the first start!
for your eyes
also wearing jcrew etta pumps which are my all-time favorite, best in the whole world, go-to work shoes!! you can still get them in some styles via ebay / my other favorite brand currently is sam edelman, i’m eyeing THESE
to keep your beer SUPER cold
other st patricks day favorites
next week i’ll post our best of spring dresses – we have found soooooo many, don’t tell daddy (deliver stuff to the office!)
and enjoy a delicious mint oreo cupcake recipe below (full recipe here but we made a few slight alterations)
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
1 Package Oreo Cookies
2 Cups Unsalted Butter
2 TBS Mint Extract
1 2Lb Bag Of Powdered Sugar (approx. 8 cups)
4-6 TBS Milk
*makes approx 24 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350, line 2 cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners. Pull apart Oreo cookies and place the side with cream still attached, cream up in each cookie liner. Set aside the other Oreo Cookies halves.
- Mix Devils food cake mix as instructed on box. Spoon 2 – 2 1/2 TBS of batter into each cupcake liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes.
- Place the remaining Oreo cookie tops in ziplock bag & let toddler crush them (with hands, with feet, etc.) – or you can throw them in a food processor but madison really wanted to help! set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, or a large mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add mint extract and mix until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Once all of the powdered sugar is combined, beat it milk 1 TBS at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.
- While mixing, slowly sprinkle in Oreo cookie crumbs. I used about 1/2 cup but you can you more or less depending on how much Oreo flavor you want. Remember to save a little to sprinkle finished cupcakes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, pipe icing onto cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.