I have been struck by all of this in a “WHAT CAN I DO” way? I wanted to share some ways that we are trying to help — and other ways you and your children can help during a time when we really all just need each other. I want my girls to know that they can always help — no matter how small.
- Write to Covenant House Youth: Covenant House provides housing and supportive services to youth facing homelessness. Write a letter or note of encouragement to Covenant House youth and staff, to bring some joy to their day. Find a Covenant House mailing address near you, here and learn more about Covenant House, click here.
- Make a rainbow and hang it in your window: to spread hope and positivity amid the coronavirus COVID-19 self-isolation period.
- Sign up to deliver meals through Invisible Hands: your kids can ride along and be a part of this.
- Reach out and Read: To help support our families in this strange time of isolation, Reach Out and Read of Greater New York will be hosting “Read Alongs” through Facebook Live. They are looking for participants willing to read – especially books in Spanish, Bengali, Mandarin, or sign language.! The goal is to provide joyful, educational content in as many formats as communities need. Children and pets are welcome to join. To learn more about Reach Out and Read of Greater New York, click here.
- Be Counted Census: We’re calling on GSGNY Girl Scouts, troops, leaders, and volunteers to help spread the word about this year’s census. Not only will you be doing your part to ensure an accurate census count, you’ll also be practicing civic engagement. Details HERE.
Thank you to NBA Cares & NBA Together for providing more ways to help below: